Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Color Me Crazy


I was poking around the Nate Berkus Show website and found THIS VIDEO.


I thought that this was an interesting way to help this couple choose the color pallet for their bed room.

It made me ask myself the question, What is the purpose of my bedroom ?

Right now my bed room is where we sort the laundry, the kids watch movies, I pile things that I don't know where else to put them, wrap gifts, change diapers, wrestle the kids, and oh yah, we sleep in there too.

I have never really decorated our bedroom. I have never really made it a priority. I have always just shut the door when people come to visit.

I would like our bedroom to be beautiful, tranquil, relaxing, maybe even romantic. I think that it should be a place without toys, kids, or crumbs.

That is why I liked this little game they played. It helped them to find a color pallet that meant something to them as a couple. Happy sweet memories. That is what we should all have in our bedrooms.

In case you missed the question that Nate asked and want to give this a try here they are.

1. What color does your wife look the best in?
2. What color was she wearing when you first met?
3. What color was your husbands childhood bedroom?
4. What color does your husband look the hottest in?

Once you get your four colors you could go to the paint store and look trough the idea samples where they put together color pallets and find the sample that has your colors in it.

No comments: