Friday, May 9, 2008

Calming and Peaceful

Here is the project I just finished for LeAna. When I walked in and saw that her colors in her living room were blues I was so excited. Blue is my favorite color this year.

LeAna's style was very traditional and her furniture had lovely Queen Anne details. She had most everything that she needed. The room just needed a little face lift. I started by moving a few of the smaller pieces of furniture around to balance out the room more. Then I took items in the room that were special to them and showcased them. One of my favorite things was the piece of art that Bill (the handyman of the house) hung over the fire place. I hung pictures of her beautiful grandchildren and made a sitting area built around a rustic antique trunk that she had. She only needed a few pillows and accessories in the darker blue color which worked as the accent color in the room.

As we visited about the room LeAna mentioned that she loved mirrors and I immediately had the vision in my head of an arrangement of mirrors on the wall as you come up her stairs. It took a lot of work to make that happen but I knew that it would be amazing and I refused to let it go. Thank you to her daughters who payed for the mirrors for her mothers day gift.

This wall of mirrors is my new favorite thing.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's awesome Liz. How many projects do you do in a month. You're so talented

suefoutz said...

The room is amazing thanks for letting me hang out and help. My mother is so happy with how it turned out and I am always amazed at your wonderful ideas.