Thursday, May 1, 2008

Pictures to high?

A couple of pictures to show how nice it will look if you bring your pictures down to meet your sofa.


When you are hanging pictures above your sofa you should not have more than 12 inches between the top of your sofa and the bottom of your frame(s). The reason... having your pictures close enough to the sofa gives them a relationship. The sofa, pictures and anything else nearby will become a grouping that is pleasing to the eye. If your pictures are to high then they seem to be floating in space. Your eye should be able to move easily around your room. This is a very common mistake.
I promise if you try it , it will feel good. When all is said and done, your home should be a place that makes you feel good. Good Luck! let me know how it works out.

1 comment:

Tori said...

I have heard this before about not putting your pictures to high, but I can't get Garth to agree with me. I will share your information with him and maybe we can make some changes. Thanks Liz.