Thursday, May 22, 2008

Painting the Petersons



A couple of weeks ago Holly called me and asked me if I could give her some advice about painting Benjamin's room. She had been chipping her fingernails scrapping off the wallpaper. I said sure why don't I come over on Monday and we'll paint his room for our next decorating mini-class. I don't think she knew what she was getting herself into. Well, after 2 week, 2 birthdays, 2 paint colors, 2 large blisters (from the 80 something screws Holly screwed in by hand putting up the shelves in the closet) and stencils, stencils, stencils, it turned out so stinking cute!




After Holly got all the wallpaper off we started painting. We choose nice pale blue for the top and a clean ultra white for the bottom with a chair rail about 32" up from the floor in the same color of white. These colors will grow with Benjamin. Since he loves cars and trucks we stenciled cars, trucks, vans, and motorcycles all the way around the room just above the chair rail. This made the room fun and colorful for him to enjoy while he is younger but can easily be painted over when he gets older.


The cars are painted in bright red, yellow, green and blue. We pulled these colors out of the fabric that Holly chose for a great topper over the window. We cleaned up the door and the closet doors by giving them a coat of the white paint and WOW! The room looks so amazing.








Even better than the way the room turned out was seeing the smiles on Holly and Benjamin's faces as the room started to take life. It's surprising how great giving a room a makeover can make you feel. I hope that you love the new room and I hope those blisters were worth it. Thank you for letting me be apart of this fun project.




Let me know what you think. Also, I love to hear about the projects that you are daring to dive into. Comment or email me.

1 comment:

Tiffanie said...

I love it! Way stinkin cute